Fairytale Books

I remember when I was a child that I loved fairy tales. I loved books and read about princesses and fairies and princes saving the fair lady. I would sometimes even imagine that I am the princess wearing a nice gown with glass slippers and a tiara. Or sometimes I am the fairy godmother with dazzling clothes and a magic wand. As long as I am the pretty one, I liked it.

One of the memorable stories of my childhood is the Princess and the Pea. It was about a princess who kinda ran away from their palace and was caught in a storm. She found herself in another kingdom. She knocked at the door of the castle and she claimed that she was a princess. She was given preferential treatment. But the queen of that kingdom doubted her nobility. The queen made the princess sleep in a room with about 20 mattresses piled up. Then she put a pea under the mattress. The next day, the princess complained that she did not sleep well because there seemed like a pea under her mattress. The queen said only a true princess would detect a pea under so many mattresses

Now I find that story incredulous but when I was a child, I loved it! Haha...

Comments

Popular Posts