New Small Businesses

I just came home from the mall where I wandered in order to get my mind off something. Going to the mall is good therapy as I see a lot of other things and forget my struggles. And best of all, there are lot of restaurants where I can eat my sorrows away! But this is wreaking havoc on my figure!

Going around, I noticed that there are a lot of new small businesses there such as the ice sramble stand, a yoghurt stand, a couple of cheap perfume stands, and those corporate giveaways booth where I found t-shirts, promotional keychains, and bag tags. These are small I say because they do not occupy doors but just booths in the hallways. But they must be doing pretty well, as I saw a lot of people in these booths.

It is nice to have businesses like that in the mall because of the exposure but the start up can be expensive, especially if you have a franchise. It takes a long time to experience a return of investment. In the malls, the rental is so high and you are required to make deposits and down payments for several months. That is why the capital is so big. One should not start a business in the mall if what they have is their last money, as the mall is the one with the most earnings.

Comments

Popular Posts