Spirometers

My eldest daughter was given a school assignment about medical and portable gadgets. She was to name one and explain it to the glass. Since I was introduced to spirometers a few months ago, I decided to pick this one for my daughter’s assignment.

So, what are spirometers? According to Mr. Wiki, a spirometer is an apparatus for measuring the volume of air inspired and expired by the lungs. It is a precision differential pressure transducer for the measurements of respiration flow rates. The spirometer records the amount of air and the rate of air that is breathed in and out over a specified period of time.

I haven’t encountered a spirometer in person even though I was sickly when I was young. I was always using a nebulizer because I was asthmatic back then.

Comments

Popular Posts