Can Smoking Relax the Nerves?

Have you ever wondered why some people who are tensed or stressed are overcome by the need to puff a stick or two of cigarette? I know I do. Wonder, I mean. I don’t know what it is in cigarettes that calm the nerves. But I did read somewhere that the chemicals in cigarettes tend to suppress the nerves in your brain so that may be the reason why you don’t feel any emotion at all. But that makes me wonder. Doesn’t that another way of killing your brain cells? 

Well, I don’t smoke so if that is the case, I wouldn’t have that problem. Now in case I get really stressed out and I need to calm my nerves, I probably would smoke one stick as long as it’s a djarum. Otherwise, I wouldn’t dare.

Do you smoke? If not, have you ever asked a smoker you know why he or she smokes? I know some people who do and after thinking it through, I just might ask them why they do and if smoking can really reduce stress and relax frayed nerves.

Comments

Popular Posts