Marcos’ Ill Gotten Wealth

During the presidency of former infamous president, President Ferdinand Marcos, we have heard of so many news about a person or group of people, like miners, that have found gold or gold bars or even bullion. I can still clearly recall the news or rumors(?) – I’m not really sure – about the Golden Buddha, which was said to be confiscated by the Marcos Family. If those news or reports were true, I guess, this is the reason why they became so wealthy that even until now, their properties and wealth are still countless.

Anyway, I have heard reports that the Marcos Family, especially the former First Lady, Imelda Romualdez Marcos, are still investigated regarding their ill-gotten wealth. I know that some of the ill gotten wealth have been already confiscated by the government and even include those in auction. I just don’t know if all the wealth that was allegedly stolen from the Filipinos were all seized. If so, there should be enough funds to support the fight against poverty.

Comments

Popular Posts